We offer free, impartial advice to anyone planning MICE events in Latvia or considering Latvia as a host destination. Whether you're at the start of the organising journey or further down the road, we can support you with recommendations and contacts, or act as a sounding board.
Our main activities
The Tourism Department of the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is the national tourist board. Our team:
- produces marketing collateral and campaigns to promote Latvia as a destination for MICE business tourism and leisure travel,
- arranges FAM trips for event organisers, tour operators and travel agents,
- organises tours for media representatives and content creators,
- represents Latvia at international trade and consumer events,
- coordinates the national financial support mechanism for sports, cultural and MICE events in Latvia (funding is available to businesses and organisations registered in Latvia),
- hosts an open access photo and video database,
- runs educational and networking events for the Latvian tourism industry.
Our fundamental objectives
- Boost and support the development of tourism products and services in Latvia.
- Drive international attention and tourism to Latvia.
- Strengthen the competitiveness of Latvia’s tourism industry.
- Inspire individuals to not only visit Latvia, but stay longer and immerse themselves to get a better understanding of people, culture and place.
We work closely with the Latvia Convention Bureau, MEET RĪGA, regional tourism information centres, and businesses to stay up-to-date with the state of the MICE travel industry and be able to deliver relevant advice and support.
If you have questions related to hosting MICE events in Latvia, our team is here to help.